Zum Inhaltsverzeichnis immer wieder zurück kommt man wenn man im Menu links auf "Texte" klickt.

Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011

Review Tango Festival Berlin 2011

I was a bit disappointed that as the facebook admin I wasn't mentioned as a helper, so I take the chance to rant about stuff I didn't like about the Berlin Tango Festival 2011. ;)

I liked the orchestras except of Ojos de Tango (they played almost only Pugliese). Hyperion was a pleasure like always, Cristal was a great surprise, Negro La Boca rocked, maybe bit more variety would be good for them.

The rooms where more-or-less, For X was too hot, at Ellington was too slippery floor, but all in all it was fine. Enough light, thanks!

I only attended the after hour in the first night, where I was DJing. Spiegelsaal at Clärchens Ballhaus is an awesome place, unfortunately not many people came, in the beginning I was a bit confused, but after those who just wanted to have a look had left the rest had a good rest of the night and I had a good DJing experience.

I did not go to any tango cafés or workshops.

My favorite DJ was La Rubia, like always I was on a different frequency than Florin, but this is probably not his fault, I was already pissed because of the orchestra and the floor.

I believe that one of the most important things that the maestros have to do in a festival is to be a good idol, to show, what tango and tango dancers look like. Expectably Diego and Belen did a very good job at that. I love them as idols, El Pajaro is a very cool guy.
I also loved the show of Gaston and Moira. If I can give them an idea for inspiration I would suggest to make one song that is just about the beauty and dance of Moira. Moira is an absolutely beautiful happy follower, perfect in herself. What do you need more than that? For sure no acrobatics or theatre! Even if they did impressive acrobatics and theatre ...
Miguel Zotto looks and behaves like Berlusconi! About tango that doesn't affect me, but that they liked him let's me worry about Germany.
It was the first time I saw a show of Federico Naveira and Ines Muzzopappa and I liked them a lot. Ines had a problem with her dress, but they choose and mastered stunning music, where very honest and showed a deep understanding of tango. I love that.

All in all it was fine, I'm looking forwards for the next Berlin Tango Festival, I hope we will see Misteriosa instead of Ojos de Tango, and I hope we will see again some of the people I liked, and next year you mention that I made the Facebook page, right?

PS please share your photos at http://www.facebook.com/tangofestivalberlin2011

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen